HPS Senior Library Circulation Policy
- Issue of books:
- Each student would be issued two books at a time; for a period of one week.
- Staff members, including Principal, would be issued maximum five books at a time for a maximum period of one fortnight.
- Failure to return books on time would compulsorily lead to penalty of Re.5 per day for the students.
2. Reissue of books:
- Reissue of books by a user may be allowed maximum twice more after first issue.
3. Reminder System:
- For the students, there would be a reminder system for overdue books. This could be achieved by sending an overdue note to the concerned student through the Class Teacher.
- In case of staff the note can be sent through the school office.
- Defaulters name can be displayed on the Library Notice Board.
4. Overnight issue of reference books:
- Reference books can be issued; if necessary, for an overnight, only on those days when the successive day is a holiday. The book will have to be returned on the next working day. Dictionaries, Encyclopedias etc would not be issued.
5. Newly purchased books should not be issued to any user for at least 15 days but should be displayed separately as Fresh Arrivals.
6. In case a user loses a book he/she would have to either replace the book or deposit three times the price of the book in the library.